St Peter and St Mary Fishbourne
Welcome to St Peter and St Mary Fishbourne. Christians have worshipped on this site for more than 750 years. The site overlooking Fishbourne creek formed part of a busy harbour since Roman times, and probably earlier.
I hope you all had a great summer break, although if you are still waiting to go away I trust you will have a good time.
September is a month that brings with it many changes. New schools, new teachers, maybe even new homes or jobs. It can be a very busy time, but I hope you will find the space in your busy diaries to join us at Fishbourne and Apuldram for some special events which will be taking place during the next few months. Here is a little taster about what is to come.
1. Don't forget the annual Ride and Stride on Saturday 10th September. If you would like to take part, forms are available at church. Fishbourne folk, we have slipped a bit from being very good at this event and lost the trophy last year. So please, do get a team together and enjoy a day out on your bikes.
2. On Sunday September 11th we will be celebrating Education Sunday at Fishbourne and Apuldram Church. As I write this I await to hear confirmation that Mrs Day (head teacher), will be our guest speaker at the 9.30 service.
3. Saturday 17th and Sunday 18th, this weekend will be the last one this year to visit Ryman's gardens and enjoy tea and home made cakes provided by the wonderful folk from Apuldram church. Gardens open 2-5 p.m. On the Sunday at 11.00 a.m, we will also celebrate Harvest Festival at Apuldram church.
4. Anthony Cane will once again be leading our Lets Learn Together session at Fishbourne Hall.
5. On Friday 23rd, Bernadette our lovely and talented organist will be giving a concert at Apuldram church, more details to be found on the pew sheet.
6. On Sunday 2nd October, Fishbourne will hold their Harvest Festival service at 11.00 a.m., followed by a bring and share lunch in the hall. The lunch that we held for the queens birthday was a great success, so please do join us, and bring your family and friends.
7. On the 9th October, Apuldram will hold the annual Pet Service at 2pm. All are very welcome to come to this service as we thank God for our much loved pets. We will have a collection, half of which goes to a local animal charity.
8. On Tuesday 11th October, a memorial service will be held at St. Paul's church at 2pm, to give thanks for Sylvia Hoare's life and celebrate all that she was, did and gave.
9. On Sunday 30th, at 4 p.m., there will be a special service at Fishbourne church to remember by name those we have loved but see no longer. If you wish to have some one remembered please do add their name to the list at the back of our churches. Everyone is welcome to come to this service and it is hoped that tea and biscuits will be served afterwards.
10. Finally, the 13th of November is Remembrance Sunday. A special service will be held at Fishbourne Church at 10.45 a.m. At 11.00 there will be an act of Remembrance with two minutes of silence. After the service there will be a lovely cooked lunch in the hall. It is hoped that our school children will be represented as well as others from the community. Please do watch out for further details.
That may all seem like a lot but I hope you can join us for some of the events. Many thanks go to those who plan and organise them, let us all show our support to them.
With much love and prayers, Moira.
There is plenty more about what's happening on our Events page >>
Using our Talents to Build God's Church.
Would you like to be a little more involved in the life of our church, have you a talent that we do not know about, can you offer a little of your time so that together we can continue to build God's church? If you answer yes to any of these, please do pick up a form from the back of church.